It’s OK if you haven’t done this before — not many people have.
We’re building one of the best teams of Community Managers and Moderators in the country. But we know that our way of community management isn’t like everyone else’s. So even if you haven’t had this exact job before, you might still have the related skills and work experience we’re looking for.
Here are some examples of work experience that might make you a good fit for the team.
Experience with membership management:
- Trade associations
- Peer-to-peer communities (especially for business people)
- Volunteer management
- Political movements
Experience with issues and ideas:
- Business-related academics
- Business analysts and researchers
Experience leading discussions:
- Other peer-to-peer collaboration
Want to explore the community management field?
We recommend these resources:
- Buzzing Communities, Richard Millington
- Brains on Fire, Robbin Phillips, Greg Cordell, Geno Church, and Spike Jones
- The Purpose Driven Church, Rick Warren
- The Art of Membership, Sheri Jacobs
- CMX Hub
- My Community Manager