The important things:
- No politics.
- No jerks — as customers or coworkers.
- Minimum required travel (just our own events).
- We rarely work nights and weekends.
- You’re not expected to check email on personal time.
- A place to build a career and a work family.
Our favorite perks:
- A guest house in Austin for staff use with 44 acres of private outdoor recreation space.
- Standing desks and treadmill desks.
- In Austin: an in-house gym with showers, basketball court, pickleball court, and hiking and running trails. (And lots of trees to climb.)
- A company truck in Austin for staff to borrow for personal use (if you have a clean driving record).
- Good computers — current generation Mac or PC (whichever is your favorite).
- Nice gear, like big dual monitors, fancy wireless headsets, and great headphones.
- Friday lunch and lots of healthy snacks.
- Unlimited great coffee.
- Charmin Ultra Soft toilet paper.
- A great health plan, including dental and vision coverage. We pay 100% of the employee costs, and we pay 20% of family coverage.
- 401(k) with up to 4% match.
- Quarterly cash bonus program tied to company profits.
- FSA Plan for pre-tax deductions for medical and dependent care expenses.
- Up to 12 weeks of partially paid parental leave.
- Domestic partner coverage wherever possible.
- Short-term and long-term disability, plus life insurance.
- Up to seven weeks sabbatical in your seventh year.
- $80 eBook reader subsidy every 24 months.
- Unlimited business book and magazine reimbursement.
- Transit reimbursement (Chicago only; allows employees to use pre-tax deductions to save up to 40% on annual transit spending).
- TSA Pre-Check reimbursement (if you’re in a role that is likely to travel at least twice a year).
- Extensive PTO and sick days.
- The office is usually closed for extra time around July 4th, Thanksgiving, and December holidays.
Next: Check out the GasPedal Ranch