***This position is not currently open. But we’re always looking for smart people to join our team. If this job description sounds like you, send us your application anyway.***
The Operations Manager is a service-driven, detail-obsessed, hands-on doer whose mission is to create an environment where everyone can do their best work, using:
- Efficient execution of the operational processes that keep the company running
- Amazing facilities that attract and enable people who do great work
- Standards of service that help us deliver extraordinary service at scale
- Proactive problem-solving, anticipating needs, and making everything better
- Care for our team, customers, and partners
You get things done efficiently, consistently, and reliably, even when it’s chaotic and changing. You work with the team to get the work done, while taking accountability for quality results. You overcome obstacles and stick with it until it’s done. You use our tools and systems to make it easier. You own the details and take pride in having everything under control.
You make it better by constantly improving the way we work. You have an eye for what’s missing or could be improved — and you proactively do it. You help people before they even ask. Every day is an opportunity to raise standards. You’re not happy until it’s excellent.
You’re driven by service to the team, our customers, and everyone we meet. You’re invested in the success of others and you win by helping others win. Every interaction is a chance to make a friend or make someone’s day a little better.
You enable us to fulfill our mission by helping everyone do their best work. You spend your days improving our workplace and removing anything that stops people from working at their highest capacity or creativity.
You’ll be on a great team
This is the perfect job if you love being in a hands-on operations/administration role on an entrepreneurial team that appreciates you. You’re a member of the Operations Team, a tight-knit group that works together and wins together. Every day is a close collaboration with a positive-energy crew that achieves great things as partners. You’ll never be just “the back-office person” — you’ll be a full member of the core team, with a voice in how we work. This is a collaborative, inclusive company where everyone works together.
If you geek out about the things that make a business run smooth-as-butter, you’ll love it here. This is your chance to join an incredibly talented, passionate, and fun team that loves this stuff as much as you do.
You’ll do all those things that make a company a great place to work
As Operations Manager you’ll be responsible for a wide range of projects that are the backbone of an excellent organization. There are those things that just need to get done well — you’ll work with the team to make sure they happen week after week. You get them done by bringing together smart systems and the right people. You’ll know everything that’s going on, and you’ll thrill everyone with your competence and charm.
- Environment and facilities: Ensure that our environment is optimized for a high-performing, pleasant workplace. Everything is in the right place, working, and ready to go. Manage organization, setup, and quality of offices, common spaces, and amenities. Manage our facilities, vendors, and contractors.
- Experiences: Create a concierge-level experience for staff, visitors, and inbound request (phone and web). Create an internal meeting experience that maximizes productivity, communications, and comfort. Optimize remote collaboration to create a seamless inter-office culture. Set and meet exceptional standards of service, track all interactions and ensure a great experience every time.
- General operations: Drive general operational support for all teams, always improving our standards of service. Ensure excellence in purchasing, fulfillment, special requests, and unusual situations. Make sure everyone has everything they need to do a great job and uphold brand quality — and balance that against efficiency, saving money, and reducing waste.
- Event support: Run production operations for our major customer events and internal events. Coordinate between the Events Team and the Operations Team.
- Constantly improving everything (kaizen): Proactively look for opportunities to make things work better, and integrate those improvements into our systems. Anticipate needs and find opportunities to raise the bar. Identify and fix anything that stops anyone from working at their highest capacity or creativity. Look for someone who needs help — even when they don’t ask for help.
You’ll work with the admin team and other Operations Managers to deliver all of the above.
You are a friendly obsessive who thrives on being needed and keeping many balls in the air at once. You are strong, solid, the linchpin of the company — the glue that holds it all together. You’re a hyper-organized, hands-on doer that’s done a little bit of everything in a complicated workplace.
You have a positive attitude dedicated to service through amazing support and administration. You’re a detail-obsessed perfectionist who loves to take a complex process and get it done exactly right, every time. You communicate well, and you want to be part of a fast-moving team that needs your help to make our customers incredibly happy.
You’ll need to be a confident individual who can work with processes and systems that stabilize an ever-changing job. You’re the type of person who recognizes where things can be improved and takes the initiative to improve them. You have exceptional organizational skills, the ability to perform smoothly and consistently in a fast-paced environment, and the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand.
We’re looking for a fundamentally positive person who thinks this kind of work is fun:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in a high-velocity workplace dealing with complex, rapidly changing priorities
- Sleeves-rolled-up, hands-on doer
- Owns a problem until it’s right
- Definitely looking for a long-term role in operations/administration/support
- Insanely organized and can handle multiple complicated tasks simultaneously, with strong prioritization and planning skills
- Strong communicator, writer, and explainer
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Amazing organizational skills (physical and virtual)
- Deeply competent with office tech, desktop software, SaaS applications — and quick to master new applications
- Flexible and adaptable. You love the chaos and randomness. You keep your cool under changing conditions. You love a job where things get screwed up and you get to fix it.
- Awesome attitude, positive vibe, good cheer, and great sense of humor
Some important details
How to get this job: Submit an application here. We want to see a great cover letter, resume, and anything else that shows us how you write, think, and work. Show us what you’ve done and how you can do it for us. If you’re not sure this is the right position for you, please do apply anyway. We’ll help you figure out where you fit on the team.
Location: This is a full-time, in-the-office position at our Austin ranch (check it out here). No relocation assistance is provided, and we don’t hire telecommuters.
Compensation: We offer good pay, plus great benefits, perks, and bonuses. We’re never going to have an IPO or sell out to a bigger company — we’re in this for the long term. Financials are transparent, and we all succeed together.