***This position is not currently open. But we’re always looking for smart people to join our team. If this job description sounds like you, send us your application anyway.***
The Executive Assistant is a communicator and problem solver with people skills and a service attitude whose mission is to:
- Enable executives to do their best work
- Juggle complex schedules, tasks, situations, and priorities
- Build relationships on behalf of the executive and the company
You enable the executive to do their best work by eliminating distractions, protecting their time, and letting them focus on what matters most. You represent the exec as their voice and protect their personal brand. The exec is your #1 priority.
You are a problem solver who coordinates complex, fast-moving, often-conflicting options. You prioritize and balance what has to happen now with what has to wait, and figure out how it fits together most effectively. You anticipate needs and problems. You are a puzzle-solver and juggler who is a master of task management, scheduling, and logistics. You know how to make the tough call in a complex situation. You are a detail-obsessed perfectionist who makes it right, every time.
You build relationships, making friends on behalf of the company. You have the people skills and care to make everyone we talk to feel great, even when we have to tell them “no”. You have a dedication to service, taking care of everyone from VIPs to the random caller — and you know how to prioritize them. Our database is your secret weapon that allows you to provide extraordinary care at scale.
You’ll be on a great team
If you’ve been a strong service-driven support person in a fast-paced environment, here’s your chance to join an incredibly talented, passionate, and fun team that loves this stuff as much as you do. If you geek out about the things that make a business run smooth-as-butter, you’ll love it here.
This is the perfect job if you love being in a hands-on senior administrative role on an entrepreneurial team that appreciates you. You’ll never be just “someone’s EA” — you’ll be a full member of the core team, with a voice in how we work. This is a collaborative, inclusive company where everyone works together.
- Executive support. Provide general executive support including scheduling, correspondence, meeting prep, and other administrative tasks (no personal tasks). Defend the exec’s work time and focus by eliminating distractions. Sort and clarify priorities, communicate and resolve roadblocks. Serve as exec’s representative.
- VIP management and customer service. Astonishingly good customer service is a core value to us, and that includes excellence in how we interact with everyone we meet. You’ll be the first person many VIPs talk to, and you’ll thrill them with your competence and charm. Ensure all special requests get a great response from the right person within 24 hours. Leave people happy, even when we can’t help. To provide great experiences at our pace and scale means that you need to genuinely love the database, systems, and detail-oriented work that make it possible.
- Work with the team. The rest of the job includes working with the team on a wide range of projects to support our members and our business, along with all those other administrative activities that make us great at what we do.
(Your real job: Thrill people. Every month we give out 21 cheesecakes, 200 lbs. of chocolate, 97 books, 243 fake moustaches, 17 whoopee cushions, and 873 smiley face buttons.)
You’ll love this job if this describes you:
You are an experienced, senior-level Executive Assistant with a special emphasis on extraordinary customer service. You’re looking for a place where you can jump into action and stay for years as we grow.
You love to help people do their best, and do it with passionate niceness. You have a positive attitude dedicated to service through amazing support and administration. You communicate well and you have amazing people skills.
You are a friendly obsessive who thrives on being needed and keeping many things going at once. You are strong, solid, the linchpin of the company — the glue that holds it all together.
You’re a hyper-organized, hands-on doer who’s done a little bit of everything in a complicated workplace. You’re a detail-oriented perfectionist who loves to take a complex process and get it done exactly right, every time. You have exceptional organizational skills, the ability to perform smoothly and consistently in a fast-paced environment, and the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand.
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience as an EA who has worked in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment dealing with complex, rapidly-changing priorities.
- Fantastic communicator and writer, comfortable speaking with everyone from big-company CEOs to small businesses.
- True empathy and people skills.
- Incredibly organized, handling multiple complicated tasks simultaneously, with strong task management skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail. Perfectionist.
- Recognizes where things can be improved and takes the initiative to improve them.
- Making it right makes you happy — and you own it until it’s right.
- Hands-on doer.
- Deeply competent with office software and quick to master new tools.
- Looking for a place to work for 5+ years.
- Awesome attitude, positive vibe, good cheer, and great sense of humor.
- Honest, trustworthy, discreet, and ethical.
- Nice to work with.
Some important details
How to get this job: Submit an application here. We want to see a great cover letter, resume, and anything else that shows us how you write, think, and work. Show us what you’ve done and how you can do it for us. If you’re not sure this is the right position for you, please do apply anyway. We’ll help you figure out where you fit on the team.
Location: This is a full-time, in-the-office position at our Austin ranch (check it out here). No relocation assistance is provided, and we don’t hire telecommuters.
Compensation: We offer good pay, plus great benefits, perks, and bonuses. We’re never going to have an IPO or sell out to a bigger company — we’re in this for the long term. Financials are transparent, and we all succeed together.