***This position is not currently open. But we’re always looking for smart people to join our team. If this job description sounds like you, send us your application anyway.***
The Technology Manager is a tech expert, teacher, and fixer whose mission is to give the team the technology and training they need to do their best work.
- Keep everything working, including desktops, cloud app, and other technology.
- Teach, train, and align so we’re all using our tech the best way.
- Make it better through a program of proactive improvement.
You are a desktop support expert whose job is to make sure everyone has the right tools, and that they’re working great. You’ll seek out things that need fixing or someone who needs help before they even ask. Then you’ll do whatever it takes to get it fixed fast and own it until it’s solved. That includes:
- Tech support for our two offices. We are a mixed Mac/PC shop with most of our software and files in the cloud and on a NAS. Your job includes computer setup and maintenance, desktop support, network management, software management, and more.
- Working with interesting cloud applications. We use great tools, including Google Apps, Office 365, Salesforce.com, WordPress, and custom-built SaaS platforms. Your job is to work with our experienced team to support and improve how we use these tools.
You’re a teacher who helps people understand how to do things the better, easier, and simpler way. You have the ability to train one-on-one, in a group, and in writing. You care about the success and happiness of others and have the patience to help them succeed.
You’re a doer and fixer who makes it better by removing obstacles, finding better systems for getting things done, and generally keeping the operation at peak performance. You’re the first to find anything that stops the team or a co-worker from working at their highest capacity or creativity. You’re obsessed with the details, optimizing the tech, and performance-hacking the team.
The best part: You’ll never be just “the IT person” — you’ll be a full member of the core team, with a voice in how we work. This is a collaborative, inclusive company where everyone works together. You’ll be surrounded by a positive-energy team of creative doers. We are all tech-smart and love new tools, which means what you do will be supported and appreciated.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong tech skills on our specific stack: Mac/PC, cloud, and other office tech.
- Experience as the sole tech support person in a fast-paced, high-performing environment dealing with complex, rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong teacher/trainer who can document processes simply and clearly, teach others how to use them, and coach until everyone gets it.
- Rock-solid time and task management skills — prioritization, project-management, and personal task management.
- Work effectively with ticketing and case management systems.
- Fantastic people skills and a desire to be in service to others and help them win.
- Always looking for ways to make things better.
- Sleeves-rolled-up doer who owns it 100% and loves to ship.
- Comfortable with change and think it’s fun.
- Organized, process-driven thinker who can create and refine systems to improve operations.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Awesome attitude, positive vibe, good cheer, and great sense of humor.
Some important details
How to get this job: Submit an application here. We want to see a great cover letter, resume, and anything else that shows us how you write, think, and work. Show us what you’ve done and how you can do it for us. If you’re not sure this is the right position for you, please do apply anyway. We’ll help you figure out where you fit on the team.
Location: This is a full-time, in-the-office position at our Austin ranch (check it out here). No relocation assistance is provided, and we don’t hire telecommuters.
Compensation: We offer good pay, plus great benefits, perks, and bonuses. We’re never going to have an IPO or sell out to a bigger company — we’re in this for the long term. Financials are transparent, and we all succeed together.