***This position is not currently open. But we’re always looking for smart people to join our team. If this job description sounds like you, send us your application anyway.***
Community Evangelists recruit members for our unique communities that bring together executives leading meaningful missions such as social media, healthcare, and sustainability. With our help, our members use the massive resources of the world’s greatest brands to improve society. Check out gaspedal.com and socialmedia.org to understand what we do.
You should apply here if:
- You love the challenge and intensity of sales, but want a more meaningful product and a more respectful work environment.
- You love the meaningful mission of nonprofit development work, but want the pace, energy, and impact of a high-performing team.
We’re looking for people who like selling (but aren’t salesy) — who want to do it in a positive environment for a worthy cause. You’re a talker, a listener, a networker, and love sharing the passion for what you do. You have empathy and understanding for the needs of others and can show them how what we do will help them.
We have a non-traditional sales program.
There are no commissions and no high-pressure sales tactics allowed. We do have to make our numbers, but we work as a collaborative team to constantly improve performance. We believe that the long-term relationship is more important than the short-term sale, and we’re all working for the good of the organization. Making a sale is never more important than making a friend.
Two types of folks succeed in this role: 1) Up-and-coming sales or bizdev people eager to get out of unhealthy sales cultures; and 2) people with experience in political/nonprofit fundraising, grassroots organizing, member recruiting, or any job that involves persuading large numbers of people over the phone.
What we’re looking for:
- Some sales/fundraising/development/member recruiting experience, even in an unrelated field. We want you to know how to work the phones for something you believe in. You love the sales process, the attention to detail, and the tools that help you build great relationships.
- Know how big companies work and how their executives think. If you haven’t worked with big business, demonstrate that you’re a fast learner who will become fluent before your first day of work. Show us that you know who they are, what matters to them, and what their daily work life is like.
- Professional presence and fantastic communications skills. You quickly impress on a professional level and connect on a personal level — by phone, email, and social media. You have extraordinary written and verbal communications skills. You have a genuine interest in listening, learning, and understanding the needs of others.
- Passion. You’re an evangelist and storyteller — you get people excited about things you believe in. You’re focused on the success of other people, and you win by helping others win — your team, your customers, and your cause.
What’s in it for you:
If you want to have an impact on society at any level, nothing matters more than learning how to recruit supporters to a cause. Whether you call it sales, fundraising, bizdev, or development, being able to close a deal is what makes it possible.
Our sales evangelism program is like nothing else you’ve seen — and we have the best client/member list of any small business in America to prove it. Our program sets you up for success with great training, a talented lead generation team, and proven messaging.
We’ll teach you how we’ve changed the sales game for the better and set you up with skills that will prepare you for any job, for any cause.
- You’ll learn to close high-impact deals with major corporations (and you won’t spend hours doing lead-gen research).
- You’ll learn to do it in a healthy, positive way — with no aggressive tactics, marketing cheese, or sales douchery.
- You’ll have a proven track record showing how you recruited brands like these.
The best part is the opportunity to build meaningful relationships and friendships with the people you meet.
Some important details
How to get this job: Submit an application here. We want to see a great cover letter, resume, and anything else that shows us how you write, think, and work. Show us what you’ve done and how you can do it for us. If you’re not sure this is the right position for you, please apply anyway. We’ll help you figure out where you fit on the team.
Location: This is a full-time, in-the-office position at our Austin ranch (check it out here). No relocation assistance is provided, and we don’t hire telecommuters.
Compensation: We offer good pay, plus great benefits, perks, and bonuses (straight salary, no commissions). We’re never going to have an IPO or sell out to a bigger company — we’re in this for the long term. Financials are transparent, and we all succeed together.