***This position is not currently open. But we’re always looking for smart people to join our team. If this job description sounds like you, send us your application anyway.***
Write about social media and word of mouth marketing to 50,000 eager fans.
GasPedal, the company that runs SocialMedia.org and WordofMouth.org, is hiring an exceptional writer to:
- Write amazing articles, blog posts, and newsletters about word of mouth and social media
- Use social media tools to share what you write
This is business writing for a business audience, and you need to have real knowledge of the key issues, players, and technologies in social media. Previous experience writing about this industry for a business audience is required.
This is a job for a prolific journalist who loves a fast-paced environment and variety — and doesn’t mind working on the marketing side too. Our writers work on email newsletters, blogs, websites, white papers and analysis, guest columns, live conferences, and much more — an incredible variety each week. You’ll also work on content for conferences and marketing copy, because we believe that great writing should be applied to everything that goes out the door.
You’ll help teach businesses how to treat people better, connect with customers, listen, create great products, and provide amazing service. You’ll join an incredibly talented team of writers (including a New York Times bestselling author) who appreciate great work and sweat the details to make it even better.
- A professional writer/blogger/journalist with business writing experience
- Genuinely interested and informed about social media, word of mouth, and marketing
- Understand (and can teach others) how businesses are using social media and word of mouth tools
- Comfortable using WordPress for everyday publishing
- An exceptional editor/proofreader with an eagle eye for copy edits, language, and tone
- Love talking to readers/fans/customers and making new ones along the way
- Write with a sharp, snappy (but not snarky) conversational style
- Strong organizational skills, able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Have a professional presence on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Experienced in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment — experience in newsrooms, startups, or political campaigns would be extremely beneficial
- Creative, with a sense of humor and enthusiasm for both print and web projects
- Are annoyed by the non-parallel nature of this list