***This position is not currently open. But we’re always looking for smart people to join our team. If this job description sounds like you, send us your application anyway.***
Own the print and visual identity for our GasPedal brand family. You are a passionate, talented, and friendly designer works on our print, web, and WordPress design.
We’re a team that appreciates great design and user experience, and we need your help to do this right. Your job is to extend the look to all of our new projects with consistency and creativity.
You’ll get to work on a wide variety of projects (including marketing collateral, events, blogs, websites, and more) that need constant design, improvement, and extension. The job is equal parts print and web, with a lot of WordPress design. You don’t need to be a developer, but you need solid WordPress theming and CSS skills.
Here’s why this job is great: You’re going to get to do everything. You’ll own the design for five great-looking brands, each with their own websites, print design, social media sites, blogs, and events. You get to determine each look, improve it, and make it amazing. Every day you’ll get to work on a new variety of projects and challenges — while being the person who ensures that each brand stays strong and clean. We collaborate — a lot — so you should enjoy working with a team. There is non-stop brainstorming, creative feedback, and experimentation.
- Create all graphics for websites, blogs, and email newsletters
- Create all design elements for our conferences
- Create all print design for our marketing, products, and communications
- Improve graphics and templates with a clean, bright, and consistent look
- Add new sites/pages for new projects and expand our sites as we add content
- Create and update designs on our WordPress sites and work with our developers
- Work with our external agencies and freelancers
- Love to create and improve graphics and templates with a clean, bright, consistent look
- Diligent, strong attention to detail
- It drives you nuts when something is misaligned by a single pixel
- Strong skills in typography, graphic design, and layout
- Are a master of Adobe CS
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS, including cross-browser compatibility
- Experience working with WordPress template systems and existing code
- Can write and proofread
- Love to collaborate and explore ideas with a team
- Organized project manager who can track multiple, simultaneous tasks and details
- Embrace a small company culture (bonus: experience at a high-performing small business)
- High levels of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, good humor, and commitment
- Nice to work with